The Expansion Committee (Robert Fermann,
Robert Emrich, and Jesus Diaz) made modifications only to language that would be
affected by the addition of the New York City Scrappers and the balanced schedule of 54 games (see: Rule Modifications, below).
EXPANSION, FREE AGENT DRAFTS:
HOW IT WILL GET DONE
1. All existing clubs, i.e., non-expansion clubs, must submit a list
of 15 protected players.
2. Only non-protected players will be drafted.
players at Single A and Double A during the 1945 BVL season.
3. The draft is four rounds with the expansion Scrappers choosing 36 players.
During the Free Agent Draft, the NewYork City Scrappers will choose from
the 10th spot.
4. During the first three rounds, all existing clubs can lose ONE player
only, per round.
5. In the first and second rounds, each existing team losing a player
can protect three players.
6. In the third round, each existing team losing a player can protect
After completion of expansion draft, all existing teams can protect
42 players before the Free Agent Draft.
7. At the conclusion of the Expansion Draft -- and after the player
cuts are announced -- the bidding for Free Agents begins.
8. 10-round Free Agent draft begins after the rosters are trimmed to
9. A supplementary draft, if necessary, for Scrappers to reach
Re: Note 6.05.1 Post Season
The 3-day period between the end of regular season and Yogi Series does not count as games.
Re: Note 6.05.2 Post Season
In a 2- or 3-division setup, the length of Yogi series (plus rainouts), will count toward players injured for No. 1 seeded club.
Re: 12.04 World Series
1. Only players on the major league roster or disabled list as of Game 44 are eligible for post-season play.
in a 2- or 3-divison setup. After the best-of-seven Yogi series, clubs may further adjust its roster prior to start of WS.
Re: 13.01 Trading Deadline
1. The trading period runs from the end of the previous season to Game 44 of the current season. Trades between Games 45 through 54 are invalid.
Re: 14.01 Regular Season
Each club will play 6 games against each opponent.
Re: Note 14.02.1
In a 2- or 3-division setup, the No. 2 seeded plays Games 1-2 and 6-7 at home.
14.03 World Series
Re: Note 14.03.2
In a 2- or 3-division setup, the Yogi series will begin three days after the regular season concludes; World Series starts 2 days after Game 7 is played.
Re: Note 14.03.3
During the postseason schedule (1) G54 starter can not start Yogi G1 -- unless game is rained out, (2) Yogi G6 starter can not start WS G1 -- unless game is rained out, (3) a TRAVEL DAY in a series is LOST if one rainout occurs; a TRAVEL DAY is GAINED in a series when two or more rainouts occur, and (4) OFF DAYS are unaffected by rainouts.
G1, G2, TRAVEL DAY
G3, G4, G5, TRAVEL DAY
OFF DAY, OFF DAY
G1, G2, TRAVEL DAY
G3, G4, G5, TRAVEL DAY
Re: 14.04 We Need Damn Action Clause
1. 25-man roster: 12 shekels
2. HAL sheets: 15 shekels
3. G13 deadline: 21 shekels
4. G27 deadline: 21 shekels
5. G40 deadline: 27 shekels
6. G54 deadline: 27 shekels
A club maintains a minimum average of 6 games per month through the first 3 Game Deadlines (include the opening month if the season begins during any of the first seven days of that month. Use the 6-game monthly minimum to determine G13, G27, G40 deadlines that fall before the 15th day of the month).
Re: Note 14.04.1
Each game deadline constitutes an 8-week period except for the 10-week First Deadline.
Rosters must be recieved 3 weeks from the start of the First Deadline period;
computer (HAL) sheets, 8 weeks.
Re: Note 14.04.2
Immediately upon the conclusion of the current regular season any team that has been assessed a fine or fines during the current season shall have its salary cap reduced by the amount of said fine(s) until the conclusion of the current Free Agent draft.
7. Three days after the G54 deadline, Mr. Luplow will begin completing all remaining games. He is not required to consult club owner(s); he will make all necessary judgments, etc., in the best interest of the BVL. Such action is final.
16.00 OWNERSHIP RESPONSIBILITY
Re: 16.04 Rule proposals
2. Rules pertaining to a major change in league play or restructuring, require unanimous voting from the BVL owners for passage. The passage of simple rules requires only a 7-3 vote.
19.00 STRUCTURE OF THE LEAGUE
Re: 19.01 Nomenclature
In a 2-division plus Yogi series setup.
Re: 22:01 Free Agent Draft
In a 2-division plus Yogi setup, Yogi loser selects 8th in each round; World Series loser selects 9th, etc.
Re: Note 22.01.1
1. To break ties between clubs use, in order, winning percentage, head-to-head, division, or inter-division record.
If deadlock persists in order to determine Post Season standings, advance the club that has appeared in the postseason the least recent. If deadlock persists, roll d20.
Re: Note 22.01.2
1. A playoff game will only be played to break a tie for (1) the No. 3 seed in a 2-division/Yogi setup, or (2) the No. 2 spot if the No. 3 club has a better record.
If three or more clubs are tied for No. 2 or No. 3, use tie-breaking rules set in 22.01.1 to reduce the number of clubs to two.