The 11-step process, set by the Expansion Committee (Robert Fermann,
Adam Goldberg, and Jesus Diaz), is based completely on the BVL Rule
Book. The Committee made modifications only to language that would be
affected by the addition of two new clubs and the increase in schedule
to 70 games (see: The Regular Season, The Voting, Rosters, Trade Deadline,
and We Need Damn Action Clause, below).
1. In The Voting, Rosters, and Trade Deadline sections, all figures
were based on the 54-/70-game proportion (fractions rounded up).
2. In the We Need Damn Action Clause, deadlines were increased by a
total of 8 weeks.
3. The decision to place Brick Church in National Division was based
solely on request made by Jesus Diaz. *
* - If LES desires to be in the National Division (and who would blame
him), Mr. Diaz agrees to roll for it before Dec. 30th.
4. The process is subject to change, requiring
7 yes votes on proposals sent to Commissioner JJ Jesselli's office.
EXPANSION, FREE AGENT DRAFTS: HOW IT WILL GET DONE
1. All existing clubs, i.e., non-expansion clubs, must submit a list
of 15 protected players. Lists are due two weeks after the 1933 cards
are received by their club owners.
2. Only non-protected players will be drafted.
players at Single A and Double A during the 1932 BVL season.
3. The draft is four rounds with each expansion team choosing 32 players.
4. The Lower East Side Con-Men selects the first player; the Brick Church
Foys, the first player in the second round. After that, both expansion
clubs will alternate the first pick of each round.
During the Free Agent Draft, the Brick Church Foys will choose from
the 9th spot; LES, 10th.
5. During the first three rounds, all existing clubs can lose TWO players
only, per round.
6. In the first and second rounds, each existing team losing a player
can protect three players.
7. In the third round, each existing team losing a player can protect
8. In the fourth round, each existing team losing a player can protect
After completion of expansion draft, all existing teams can protect
42 players before the Free Agent Draft.
9. At the conclusion of the Expansion Draft -- and after the player
cuts are announced -- the bidding for Free Agents begins.
See Free Agent Draft to determine order of expansion clubs.
10. 15-round Free Agent draft begins after the rosters are trimmed to
42 players; expansion clubs pick #9 and #10 in each round.
11. A supplementary draft, if necessary, for expansion clubs to reach
50-man rosters. Follow the order set in Free Agent Draft.
THE REGULAR SEASON
a. Lower East Side Con-Men will join the American Division; Brick Church
Foys, the National.
b. 70 games: 40 inter-division games (4 clubs x 10 games), plus 30 intra-division
Note: rewrite Note 14.1 to state:
The entire regular season will be completed.
To maintain 66 per cent approval margin, 7 votes are needed for passage
of simple rules.
Only players on the major league roster or disabled list as of Game
57 are eligible for post-season play.
The trading period runs from the end of the previous season to Game
57 of the current season. Trades between Games 58 through 70 are invalid.
WE NEED DAMN ACTION CLAUSE
a. Clubs are required to complete half of their regular season schedule
by the First Deadline, or 20 weeks from the first Sunday the owners
meeting was completed.
b. Clubs are required to play their 55th game by the Second Deadline,
or 10 weeks after the First Deadline.
c. Season ends 10 weeks after the Second Deadline.